Posted on: Feb 22, 2021
The Civil/Structural Designer works collaboratively with our Engineering team. They are responsible for drafting and modeling in a manner that provides the client with a quality deliverable that is on time and within budget.
- Perform detailed design of substations, transmission lines, distribution, and conventional generation, as needed
- Produce full design packages including plan and profile drawings, pole assembly details, pole grounding/guying details, steel framing details, structure loading diagrams or structure design and fabrication details, and foundation and construction details
- Selection of equipment/hardware
- Writing/reviewing material, construction, and steel specifications
- Create project and construction cost estimates, and project schedules
- Review of submittals for conformance with specifications and design
- Prepare a variety of documents and reports associated with projects including cost estimates, budget reports, proposals, and studies
- Perform field inspection and construction supervision services
- Checking the work of other designers, drafters, and field service personnel for general quality and accuracy as required
- Understanding of applicable Codes and Standards
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency with and/or knowledge of modeling and design software PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE would be a plus.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D would be a plus.
- Proficiency with MicroStation would be a plus.
- A strong command of the English language.
- Possesses effective written and oral communications skills.
- Good interpersonal and people skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Experience: 2+ years of engineering or related experience.
- Education: Associates degree in related field preferred.
$60,000 – $110,000