Posted on: Feb 22, 2021
Responsible for performing engineering design and analysis under the responsible charge of a Professional Engineer in a manner that provides the client with a quality deliverable that is on time and within budget.
- Perform detailed design of all aspects of electrical power systems to include one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, control and relaying schematics, wiring diagrams, SCADA, conduit and cable sizing/routing, grounding design, writing of equipment specifications, project and construction cost estimates, and project scheduling
- Prepare computer-based models and perform power system studies on utility and industrial/commercial electrical power transmission and distribution systems, including short circuit, load flow, relay coordination, arc flash, motor starting, power factor, harmonic analysis and other related studies
- Develop protective relay settings. Set, test, wire, and install relaying and control systems
- Program, install, and test SCADA and PLC systems
- Prepare a variety of documents and reports associated with projects including cost estimates, budget reports, and studies
- Perform equipment and relay field testing and start-up and commissioning services
- Provide field assistance and troubleshooting
- Checking the work of Designers, drafters, and field service personnel for general quality and accuracy as required
- Understanding and applications of applicable Codes and Standards
- Maintain outstanding company-client relationships
- Maintain high ethical and professional standards within the overall organization
- Expected to work additional time beyond 40 hours/week as required to complete projects, proposals and/or administrative functions
- Attend conferences, training workshops, seminars, regular undergraduate and graduate classes as appropriate for advancement and as required to maintain quality of work
- Attend safety training and follow safety rules and guidelines.
- Other job-related responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Licensure: FE or PE preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and power system software such as Aspen, PSSE, ETAP or SKM
- Possesses effective written and oral communications skills
- Good interpersonal and people skills
- Interaction with clients, customers, contractors, and others.
- Assist with client contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments and meetings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and other computer software
- A strong command of the English language
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Experience: 3+ years of engineering or relevant field experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution, electric power option preferred.
$60,000 – $110,000