Project Manager Team Lead
Posted on: May 7, 2021
The Project Manager Team Lead oversees a team of Project Managers and Project Coordinators supporting electrical substation, transmission line, utility-scale photovoltaic solar, wind energy, and energy storage projects through development, engineering, and construction support. This includes planning and tracking progress on active engineering projects including financial performance. The role requires the ability to manage multiple project portfolios, and to travel periodically to meet with clients and inspect major construction milestones at job sites. Team Leads will be a mentor and coach to employees on their team and help them individually as professionals.
- Manages, oversees, and provides guidance to Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Project Coordinators
- Reviews, develops, and manages engineering schedules, budgets, scope, and subcontractors
- Manages the collection, organization, and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third-party stakeholders, and project financing needs
- Leads project status update meetings with clients, providing schedule updates, submitting and answering requests for information, and reporting on engineering progress
- Ensures project quality control and customer satisfaction by assisting with the review and monitoring of engineering deliverables
- Coordinates with EPC contractors, Electric Utilities, and other clients to ensure adherence to and compliance with contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables
- Manages and coordinates activities of internal client services teams to deliver projects on time and within project budgets
- Supports permitting and jurisdictional approval processes as needed for engineering projects.
- Supports business development, assists with marketing tasks, and prepares proposals as needed
- Reviews customer specifications and assists in formulating and communicating the commercial strategy to best address our customer needs
- Manages and coordinates utility interconnection processes for construction projects and related documentation needed for project interconnection and testing
- Develops and maintains outstanding company-client relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with electrical substations, transmission lines, medium voltage collection and distribution, PV engineering, and battery storage
- Project Management Institute PMP certification preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CPM scheduling, and Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensures timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent
- At least 5 years professional experience in a project management role is required
Work is performed in an office setting and some field work is also required
Travel is required (approximately 10-25%)
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Employee is responsible for managing their own work schedule with input from supervisor and completing assigned tasks. The employee will mentor, coach, and develop the employees on their team toward fulfilling their individual career aspirations
Employee should identify discrepancies in assigned work and bring to attention of supervisor or engineer responsible for the project in a timely manner. Employee’s work product should be self-checked in a manner that is suitable for review by the supervisor or engineer responsible for the project.
$90,000 – $150,000