Posted on: Feb 22, 2021
The Project Manager oversees electrical substation, transmission line, utility-scale photovoltaic solar, wind energy, and energy storage projects through development, engineering, and construction support. This includes planning and tracking progress on active engineering projects including financial performance. The role requires the ability to manage multiple project portfolios, and to travel periodically to meet with clients and inspect major construction milestones at job sites.
- Review and manage engineering schedules, budgets, scope, and subcontractors
- Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third-party stakeholders and project financing needs.
- Lead project status update meetings clients, providing schedule updates, submitting and answering, requests for information and reporting on engineering progress.
- Ensure project quality control and customer satisfaction by reviewing and monitoring engineering deliverables.
- Coordinate with EPC contractors, Electric Utilities, and other clients to ensure adherence to and compliance with contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Manage and coordinate activities of internal teams of engineers to deliver projects on time and within project budgets.
- Support permitting and jurisdictional approval processes as needed for engineering projects.
- Manage and coordinate utility interconnection processes for construction projects and related documentation needed for project interconnection and testing.
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with electrical substations, transmission lines, medium voltage collection and distribution, PV engineering, and battery storage.
- Project Management Institute PMP certification preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CPM scheduling, and Microsoft Project or Primavera P6.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensures timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a project management role is required.
Work is performed in an office setting and some field work is also required.
Travel is required (approximately 10-15%).
Must be able to lift 25lbs.
$60,000 – $110,000