Posted on: Feb 22, 2021
As the primary liaison between Client Services and various Internal and External Stakeholders (e.g. Clients, Outside Sales, and Engineering), the Proposal Engineer works collaboratively with these Stakeholders to review Commercial Opportunities and develop effective solutions using NEI services. The Proposal Engineer is also responsible for reviewing and managing incoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs). This position works on a variety of projects, spanning both Civil Engineering and medium-to-high voltage Electrical Engineering, and include:
- Renewable energy (Wind, solar, battery energy storage)
- Electrical Utility Infrastructure (Electrical substations and transmission lines)
- Industrial electrical (Water/Wastewater, data centers)
- Provide pre-sales technical support to customers and the NEI outside sales team
- Act as a liaison between Client Services and relevant Internal and External Stakeholders
- Review customer specifications and assist in formulating and communicating the commercial strategy to best address customer needs
- Responsible for reviewing and managing incoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs): defining the technical requirements of the RFPs, identifying appropriate internal resources for a successful RFP response, managing the proposal process, developing/writing custom proposals, and issuing quotes
- Partner with the Estimating Team to prepare price estimates
- Provide Customers, Outside Sales, and Inside Sales with timely responses to technical, application, and commercial questions using resources within NEI
- Provide engineering & technical support to the other members of the Business Development & Project Services Team
- Develop and maintain outstanding company-client relationships
- Maintain high ethical and professional standards
- Attend conferences, training workshops, seminars, regular undergraduate and graduate classes as appropriate for advancement and as required to maintain quality of work
- Attend safety training and adhere to all safety rules and guidelines
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Possess an understanding and applications of applicable Codes and Standards
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Project
- Basic understanding electrical and civil engineering with specific emphasis on renewable energy, electrical substations, electrical transmission lines and industrial electrical and mechanical infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers and internal personnel; exercises strong intrapersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized, and a skilled decision maker that is comfortable in a fast-paced design environment
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- Commercial understanding of the engineering or construction industries.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in a similar engineering or proposal role
- Education: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar field from an accredited institution.
Work is performed in an office setting and some field work is also required
Travel is required (approximately 0-10%)
Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Employee is responsible for managing their own work schedule with input from supervisor and completing assigned tasks.
Employee should identify discrepancies in assigned work and bring to attention of supervisor or engineer responsible for the project in a timely manner. Employee’s work product should be self-checked in a manner that is suitable for review by the supervisor or engineer responsible for the project.
$60,000 – $110,000